Today we’re going to be talking about Poker Club, looking at how far it’s come, and looking ahead to the future of the game.
Since we launched the game, we’ve made a point to develop Poker Club with our players at the forefront, with each of the 11 updates so far driven by feedback from our players. We want to thank everyone who has shared feedback across all of our channels, and particularly our amazing dedicated Discord community. All of our work to improve UI, showdowns, game speed as well as add MTTs and other awesome features was shaped with a lot of direct input from our players and it’s been a blast talking to you about everything we do.
Poker Club is now in a place that we are really happy with and we hope that you are too! From here our focus is on building out our amazing community, ensuring that the game and player base keeps growing. The Tournaments Update is key to this, as well as introducing the in-game store and reducing the price of the game for all platforms alongside the update!
It’s important to Ripstone that everything we do is player-focused, transparent, and done in the spirit of our positive and lively community. With that in mind, we wanted to address the addition of the in-game store in particular, because we know that this will create mixed feelings within our community, as some players have requested the option to purchase additional chips, while other players dislike the idea of options like this being added to the game. We’d like to take a moment to share some insight into the rationale behind this and also explain in more detail our thoughts on introducing this option in a way that’s fair and unobtrusive, as it will help us to continue to provide the dedicated servers and personnel required to ensure the best possible support for Poker Club and our community.
About the in-game Store and Chip Packs
We’re aware that the games industry, in general, hasn’t had the best history when it comes to adding Stores or selling things in games, so we want to make a few things clear about our approach. Again, keeping in mind that we will always be player-focused, transparent, and committed to upholding high standards for our game and our community.
- Nothing about the gameplay will change. The AI is designed to provide a fair game of poker against a range of simulated abilities and the card RNG will remain 100% fair and random, just as they have always been.
- Chips will always be available to obtain without additional purchases. You’ll still be able to play in Freeroll tournaments whenever you like, even if you run out of chips completely. You’ll still be able to claim daily chips and they will all still multiply based on your gameplay, player level, and club bonuses.
- We are committed to ensuring that you receive and are fairly able to use any of your purchased items. As part of this update, we will also be setting up a dedicated support system to manage any potential problems with the store.
- We’re ensuring that all of our store purchases are optional, fairly priced, and offer great value. You won’t find any $100 packs, or time-limited packs, or any other gimmicks. We want every pack to be fair and valuable, and ensure that it never compromises the integrity of the gameplay.
- The price of all customization items in-game will stay exactly the same.
- You won’t receive pop-ups or reminders telling you to go to the store, and if you don’t want to use it, it’s likely that you won’t even notice that it’s there. In fact, there’s actually a pop-up for players who do go to the store that reminds them that they can play Freeroll events if they’d like to.
- And finally, in case there’s anything missing from this list, the bottom line is that the game has not been changed or adapted in any way based on the introduction of the store. It’s simply an option available for the players who want it.
Our policy is and will always be fair gameplay, where purchases are completely optional and have no fundamental impact on the game. You will be able to buy some additional chips and even grab yourself some extra cosmetics, but you’ll never be able to pay to win and you’ll never be at an advantage or disadvantage in a game of poker.
Additionally, we want to take this time to emphasize our commitment to promoting gambling awareness and healthy attitudes toward the enjoyment of simulated gambling, responsibly and in moderation. So we will always make sure that Poker Club remains a fun and fair environment.
Thanks for reading and good luck at the table! Remember if you have any questions or want to share your thoughts about the future of the game, please join us on Discord and speak directly to the dev team and the fantastic Poker Club community!